Printing and Framing Workshop
Post-production and printing specialist Graeme Bulcraig, from Touch Digital, and mounting and framing expert Will Mawby, from A.Bliss jointly ran a workshop to impart all the technical knowledge you need to take your project from screen to wall.
A peek into their knowledge:
- The typical le types, sizes and formats (e.g. lm scans, digital raw, iPhone, PhaseOne, DSLR etc) and their uses and ways of handling them.
- The essentials of colour management, proles and monitor calibration.
- How to choose printing technology — inkjet or digital C type (e.g. Lambda, Poli, L Type Lumejet).
- Small but extremely crucial tips when handling prints.
- What do you need to consider when it comes to mounting? Cold or hot? Which material should you mount on to?
- How will mounting and/or framing change the look of the image?
- What are the different types of framing structures?